Packaging Design Software for Product Design and Machine Control
- KASEMAKE Packaging Design Software is considered the foremost structural packaging design system available. It is used by thousands of designers around the world.
- KASEMAKE Packaging Design Software is the result of 30 years of experience working with the packaging industry. It has the most complete collection of specialised packaging design tools on the market.
- KASEMAKE’s speed, ease of use, functionality and built-in design templates make it essential for your business.
- The same tools that make KASEMAKE the perfect packaging design tool are also extremely effective in the signs and graphics industries.
- Fast and intuitive with extensive intelligent drafting and layout tools
- Over 700 resizable design templates including FEFCO, ECMA and POS/POP Display parametric libraries.
- Stunning 3D virtual mock-ups and environment modelling
- Comprehensive exchange formats including PDF, AI, CF2, DDES, DWG, DXF, HPGL, EPS
- Integrated job scheduling and real-time tracking/monitoring tools
KASEMAKE Packaging Design Software is compatible with most output equipment on the market. From printers and pen plotters through to sample tables, digital cutters, lasers and CNC routers. Enhanced functionality is available for control of KM and DYSS cutting machines as well as machines from other manufacturers.
Router Offset tool
KASEMAKE can handle jobs for cutting using a router bit rather than a knife. The router offset tool automatically compensates for the diameter of the router bit making sure that the piece you are cutting is the correct size. The router offset tool is also capable of generating multiple passes to cut tough, dense materials in smaller “bites” to avoid straining the router spindle or damaging the bit. The tool has a further option to automatically add holding tabs to avoid small pieces moving once cut. Another function to incorporate a finishing pass to give optimum edge quality on the final cut.
The pocketing tool is designed for use with a router to mill out flat areas in materials, for example when insetting/engraving text into a panel. Applied to closed boundaries, this clever tool works out the most efficient paths to mill out each area with minimal lifting of the router bit.
Automated production functionality
Many digital cutting machines have conveyorised transport systems to move media from the back of the machine forward, allowing longer-than-bed jobs or continuous repeat jobs to be handled. KASEMAKE has functionality to control conveyor movement and also to split long jobs into conveniently sized sections. This allows for continuous cutting of roll media or, with a suitable feeder, semi or fully automatic production for sheet media.
KASEMAKE Vision System
The vision system is a clever and fool-proof option that can be specified with new DYSS machines to allow printed jobs to be cut quickly and accurately.
A high resolution colour camera mounted to the machine tool-head automatically identifies registration marks that have been added to the artwork on sheet or roll media. Intelligent and flexible, the system can recognise even badly printed or damaged marks and can be taught to recognise any type of registration mark – particularly useful if someone else has printed the job for you using non-standard marks. The camera can even detect the edges of media to cut unprinted or print face down sheets accurately.
The sophisticated vision software compares the marks or edges found by the camera with their expected positions. Using this information, the software automatically adjusts the cutting paths to compensate for any inaccuracies such as rotation, stretch and skew to ensure highly precise cutting of the job, even when the job is badly positioned or the print is significantly distorted.